Twenty eight days of hard work
At the first we started to work in a electronic part. The electronic part is composed from: batteries, arduino uno,
In this part of the project we thought we would equip the prototype with several new wheels, outershell and motor holderds that would make the prototype more complete and aesthetic. We also thought the wheels would have smaller dimensions and, as such, were closer to the trackway. Dimensions for weehl are: The two bows that are in one part of the wheg have the length 7,524cm , the vertical part 6,628×5,599cm and the circle that is in the middle of the wheel 1,733cm , four arches have a thickness (extrude) of 0.5 cm and the circle in the middle is 2cm. The whegs also have a system that connects the engines with whegs. The type of engines we used is DC geared motors. The axes of these engines are flat in one side and this makes it possible for this system to be efficient. The system has three holes where one of them entered the engine shaft, the other comes with bolts of the size M3 and in the last hole enters the strut that is reinforced for the engine shaft by strengthening it. The whole system is extruded for 10mm from the wheg design and can be easily observed.
The wheel contains four arches which at their end are right for the purpose of servicing the robust robot.
Motor Holders –The reason why motor holders have this space in between is to reduce weight so be lighter. Motor holders also have some small holes that serve to connect the engine with them. Small holes have the same dimensions as the M3 nuts so themoter holders will be joined to the wheg and the base by the M3 bolt.Dimension are: The square 3,6×4,5cm, the vertical part (the thin part) 3×0,5cm ,holes 0,4cm and the thicknes is 0,5cm (extrude).
The base is designed in this way because it has a smaller weight and that the links between the arduino and DC geared motors are lighter. So these holes that are made in the base are used that by means of wires and by the bolts the parts of the prototype and the electronics to connect with each other. We have thought that these holes on the base are sufficient for the connection and that is why the holes are not open in the entire base. The dimensions of the base are: length 19cm ,width 13cm ,thickness 10cm (extrude) and holes 0,4cm.
After designing all the necessary parts and creating electronics we started to combine all the pieces with each other and to set the electronics to the base. First we began to put the parts of the electronics on the base and connect them to each other and then proceeded that the parts designed we would join the base so our prototype would finalized. the finalization of the prototype did not take us a long time but only we always had the duty to check once again whether it works or not. The work for finalizing the prototype has been split as each one of us has the skills and the best knowledge in a specific field so Drilon and Gezim have been taken with the finalization of electronics and its regulation on the basis, while the rest of the team worked with joining of the other parts with the base.
Here is a complete robot with all the elements.
During the climbing experiment we noticed that the outer shell put extra weight to the robot and it made the robot lose balance so we agreed to remove the outer shell or design something new.