Trackway was supposed to be completed in June but some minor mistakes and the delay of the material (wood) make trackway to be completed this month. We have reviewed once again all the trackway parts and we found some minor mistakes. We saw that the trackway lacks a place to leave the iron and so we thought that by 3d design would make a part where the iron would enter. The part in which the iron will enter will be placed or caught in one of the trackside support portions which will have two holes where it will come in and out of the iron without any problems. This is divided into two parts where one part will be placed below and the other up (the length of the iron) where the iron will be caught.
After designing the wheels and the base we started working with the tail design. The tail was designed with pyramids of the same size as the wheels, so that the tail easily traverses the trackway. It is also connected to a servo motor so that when the robot needs servo tail to activate and perform its work on the top axes (x, y). We decided to use three pyramids at the bottom of the tail in order for the tail to have enough trackway contact because if the tail had only one pyramid contact point would be too small and the prototype would fall. Another element in the tail was that it has the shape of a half-arch so that the distance between it and the base was equal to the same as the wheel base. The dimensions are: pyramids 0,5c, the space between them 0,2cm and are made extrude 0,7cm, the rectangle that connects to the servo motor 3,6x1cm
But during the experiments we notice that the tail did not work because the pyramid logic on the wheels is different to that of the tail because the tail moves only up and down while the wheels move circularly. For this reason we thought that the best solution would be if we did not use the pyramid in the tail but a triangle and it would only be used if the prototype would lose its balance. The part where the servo tailpiece would be connected is a rectilinear part which has two holes out of the same length as the holes in the servo motor but this design caused the movement of the tail and therefore did not do much work.
After the purchase of new engines we had to design a new motor holder. The engines are two-axle so the model had to be different. The motor holder will cover four engine walls and so the engine will be the safest. The engine holder in its three parts has open holes that will need to be attached to the engine. In the two largest holes will enter the two axes of the engine while other holes will be needed for the bolts that will be caught for the engine. the shape of the motor holder has the shape of the engine ie the shape of the rectangle. The dimensions are: length 4,5cm and wide 2,5cm, the holes where the engine axles will enter 0,6cm, the holes where the bolts will be inserted 0,8 and other holes 0,4cm.
This month we thought of designing a base that we will use for testing only. The base is small and a lot easier. We thought this base was going to be smaller and easier because we had to test the pool if it would do us work, since even at the bottom of the project base would be smaller. The base also has many open spaces inside it, and a smaller square that also has open space inside it in the form of a plus. This small square is supposed to be used to hold arduino and below it to place batteries. At two wings that are open in four circles are intended to capture engines. but after 3d designing the base and installing the electronic elements as we thought, this did not work well. The part where the arduino would be placed with the batteries was not safe since the weight of the batteries and the arduino was greater and the likelihood of being broken was great. Also on the two sides where the engines would be caught, the likelihood of being broken was also very high because the weight was greater.