This month we as a group we have achieved our prototype to climb on 45 degrees.
The month of March has been a month with more challenges than the other months. During this month we worked in a more organizated way dividing into groups for ideas and work.
We have been working on creating a new and strongest prototype for bioengineering.
Here is the electronic part of prototype which is cmoposed from: Controllers, Arduino motor sheild, Arduino sensors, Arduino Bluetooth module, DC geared motors, Bluetooth receiver and Bluetooth controller.
The microcontroller used for the prototype is arduino uno. The reason why Arduino uno is used is because of the easy programming of the tiles,its dimensions and multiple sensor modules that are easy to apply and fulfilling the requirements of our project.
Arduino motor shield is a tile that is placed on arduino. Its main role is to facilitate engine control through arduino. There are ports to connect too 2 DC motor or 1 stepper motor, except for servo seats. Is able to admit to 12 Volt and 2 Amper.
The purpose of using prototype sensors(Arduino sensors) is that, when needed, the robot sends data to the commander’s phone. He sends data for the altitude, temperature, humidity and air pollution.
Arduino Bluetooth module is an arduino module that enables communication of arduino with other devices through Bluetooth, in our case communicates with a phone.
Engines that put the robot in motion are 2 motors DC- Direct current (DC geared motors). Enables the robot to move on certain roads so we have used it. Are slow and with great power.
Bluetooth receiver connects to arduino and is configured in code through a library located on the internet. The library recognizes each controller button and has a special syntax for each and recognizes whether the button is clicked once or is being printed.
Bluetooth controller come along with the Bluetooth receiver. Has the form of PS2 joystick and acts roughly up to 8m-10m.
Firts of all we designed a new base that would be easier than the base preliminary. This base is divided into three parts that cling to each other and thus create the look of a base. A reason why we thought that this base is created is so to fix all the elements in their own places using as little space as possible leaving the wheels to be as close to the center of the mass of the entire body of the robot. What has been challenging to create this base has been to have enough space for each electronic particle without much filament or attached structure. The dimensions of the base are : the vertical parts: length 19cm, width 14cm and thickness 1cm. Horizontal parts: length 14cm, width 0.5cm, holes diameter 0.32 and spacing 12cm. Middle parts: length 18.8cm , width 0.5cm and holes diameter 0.32cm.
This is the shape of the wheg-s we used for the prototype. Have been made with this form to have greater frustration with the surfaces to pass and prototype to be easier to overcome the obstacles. The wheg also has a wheg connection system with the engine we are using. The system has three holes where one enters the engine shaft, to the other comes the bulb of the size M3 and in the last hole enters the strut that is reinforced for the engine shaft by strengthening it. The whole system is extruded for 10mm from the wheg design and can be easily observed. The type of engines we are using are DC geared motors. The axes of these engines are flat on the one hand, and this enables this system to be efficient. The dimensions are: arc is 2.416cm, half circle 0.418cm, the distance from the center of the wheel to the bow 1.8cm and the size of the whole wheg was 7.4cm
The tail was the third contact point between the robot and the contract surface. It was a static part of the robot and used only as a support part. The design was done so that the tail would connect to the base by the side screws M3. The tail also has a wheel at the bottom of the tail to be able to slide and keep the prototype balance. The dimensions are: length 15,5cm, wide 2cm, has been extruded 0,7cm and the bottom part of the tail is 2,5cm.
After the end of the designs and their 3d printing we started to join the pieces in between. Base, tail and wheg-s are joined with each other by the screw because if we want to change something in our prototype it will be easier, where the part of the electronics is also attached to screw. Here we decided to leave the tail with an auxiliary wheg.
This is our prototype that climbed to 45 degrees.